General Operative - Hoyland
Tuesday 14 June 2022
CLICK HERE TO SCROLL STRAIGHT TO THE VACANCY INFORMATION
Founded in 1985 by Roger Bowden, Niftylift has grown to be one of the world's leading manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms, with over 500 employees in the UK and USA.
Our culture is one of openness, participation, accountability, flexibility and teamwork. We believe people to be our prime asset and highly value and rely on employee involvement to achieve our goals. We operate as a single-status organisation and all employees are treated fairly and equally, whatever their role within the organisation.
Our staff welfare program includes benefits such as staff healthcare, staff discounts, subsidised food, death in service, a cycle to work scheme, free on-site parking, a dedicated on-site staff induction and training centre as well as regular staff events. e.g. company luncheons, family open days and Christmas parties.
Operate and maintain all non-CNC machines, including reaming, assembly, prebuild and any other reasonable request.
Required to work within a dedicated team responsible for the operation of machinery used in the manufacture of steel components. This machinery will include sawing, pressing and conventional machining. Support to the fabrication/welding team as required.
How To Apply
If you'd like to apply for this role you can contact us via any one of the following methods:
- Apply online - fill out the form below
- Send us an email with your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
- Give us a call on +44 1908 223456 and ask to speak to the HR department.
- Request a call-back from Niftylift (candidates only):
- Be able to follow the IPI process and detail any non-conformance;
- Be able to use gauges and measuring equipment for inspection purposes;
- Experience in using Jigs and assembly fixtures to manufacture high-quality repetitive components;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary Education, Maths and English, and previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment are desirable.
- Be a committed team player with an emphasis on flexibility, and productivity and be focused on continuous improvement. This may involve working in different job functions, where trained and when requested.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.