Niftylift are offering industrial placement opportunities to enthusiastic and capable undergraduates studying relevant engineering subjects.
Successful applicants will be enrolled on the Niftylift Monitored Professional Development Scheme and gain experience towards the UKSPEC engineering competencies required for professional registration.
The scheme is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and is a great way to develop real-world skills in a structured learning environment. The scheme supports development towards Chartered and Incorporated registration.
Placements are typically for twelve months and begin with a three-month rotation through the company's departments. This provides the students with a general awareness of the business and an understanding of how the different stakeholders interact. The student will then spend around nine months in Engineering performing design work, supporting existing products in production and on the company's ambitious new product development programme.
- 3D Computer Aided Design and Finite Element Analysis
- Electrical and electronic control system design
- Hydraulic and power systems design
- Prototype testing and commissioning
- Production Engineering and Lean Manufacturing
- Quality Assurance
- Engineering Drawing and technical documentation
What we are looking for...
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Innovative and pragmatic problem solver
- Academic rigour
- Personable approach and ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to succeed
- Good written English and clear presentation skills
- Studying a mechanical, electrical, integrated engineering, or design related degree
- Remuneration: Competitive Salary
- Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed from November to January.