We require individuals who are self-motivated, have good manual dexterity and problem-solving skills. The job will include hands-on skills that will then be developed into a technical engineering support role within Production, Design, Development, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Customer Support/Service, Supply Chain/Purchasing disciplines of the manufacturing business at Milton Keynes. The successful applicant will develop into a top-class Engineer with developed knowledge and understanding of all technical support elements of the business, as well as a solid foundation in the Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic engineering disciplines employed within the Niftylift product range.
Applicant Entry Criteria:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent): Grade 4 (C) or above in Maths, English and Science
- Functional Skills, Level 2
- Level 2 Engineering Qualification
The Role in More Detail:
During the 4 year programme, individuals will develop their skills in the role of Trainee Technical Support Technician and on successful completion of the training programme/apprenticeship, full-time employment may be offered in one of the following positions.
Design Engineer Roles
- Innovative, and comprehensive design specifications developed to provide design specifications for cost-effective manufacture and exceeding customer requirements.
- Details design support within project teams ensuring aesthetic, robust, quality design solutions are achieved, through the utilisation of a wide range of materials and manufacturing methods.
- Fully competent usage of the full range of tools incorporated within Pro Engineer 3D CAD package.
- Support the manufacture of the company's existing and new product range through generating effective engineering information/ systems/manufacturing processes/BOMs and system troubleshooting/diagnostics.
Quality Control & Engineer Roles
- To effectively and efficiently control and administer the company's quality control systems in line with ISO9001, TUV and other company-defined standards.
- Process all non-conformities through the internal/external quality note system, including identification of agreed preventative actions.
- Provide and manage a framework for the Warranty Returns and Customer Complaints through the company's 8D system.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance for component field failures, ensuring parts are diagnostic/analysed and project managed through to preventative design, supply or build action.
- Conduct Supplier Evaluation Audits and development programs.
- Responsible for establishing trends, corrective and preventative actions to support both Niftylift internal and external supply chain.
- Development of robust machine testing procedures and inspection, including hands-on hot testing.
Production/Manufacturing/Development Engineer Roles
- To support the manufacture of the company's existing and new product range through generating effective engineering information/systems/manufacturing processes/BOM's and facilities in accordance with H&S legislation.
- To implement a successful Lean Manufacturing culture, focusing on continual improvement and the elimination/reduction of all wastes. Developing and establishing lean standard operation times.
- Generating/Maintaining accurate build specifications and works order information on the company's manufacturing system. Communicate and support drawing issues/changes with production.
- Compliance and development of legislation/company health and safety systems.
- Provide mechanical and electrical fault finding/problem-solving support direct to production cells, maintaining fault diagnostics database.
Engineering Commodity Buyer Roles
- Global sourcing of engineered products. Develop contracts and supplier agreements, with key partnership suppliers.
- Continuous cost down, through strong constructive negotiation, including driving supplier's technical/engineering resources, global and currency sourcing, correct supplier selection (skills, resource and facilities).
- Develop and maintain ordering methods and rolling delivery schedules.
- Maintain and develop the materials control and purchasing planning parameters on the company's manufacturing software system.
- Develop, measure, approve and audit supply base.
Production Supervision & Management Roles
- To effectively manage and develop people, plant, layout and systems, to achieve both effective and efficient quality production within defined sectors of the operations business.
- Efficient organisation and utilisation of staff, including compliance with health and safety standards, skills flexibility.
- Measuring, reporting and managing key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain build quality to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction standards.
- To support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies throughout the complete production area.
- People/culture development and training in alignment with new methods/practices being introduced.
- Ensuring company procedures and standards are complied with.
Based at Milton Keynes College:
- EAL Level 2: Foundation Competence Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- EAL Level 3: Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- EAL Level 3: Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering - Technical Support Technician
- Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities
*Math's and English Functional Skills may be delivered to those with outstanding GCSE qualifications.
- Learning, experiencing and mastering all of the skills, systems and practices in some of the following departments, flow lines and cells:
|Electrical Sub Assembly Bay||150/170 Production Line|
|Mechanical Sub Assembly Cell||120T Production Line|
|HR21 MK2||HR28 Production Line|
|Development Cell||HR15/17 Production Line|
|Service / Customer Department||HR12 Production Line|
|PDI & Test - Quality||Customisation Production Cell|
|Quality Assurance Department||Purchasing Department|
|Production Engineering Department||Systems Engineering Department|
|Test & Validation Department||Hydraulic & Powertrain Department|
|Structural Design & Analysis Department||General Engineering Design & Detailing Department|
|Product Styling & Human Factors Department||Product Development, Planning & Administration|
For those people who wish to progress their career qualifications further, and have the necessary drive, enthusiasm and ability, there are further potential opportunities (individually assessed subject to grades achieved and business requirements).
This engineering training opportunity is a win-win situation of learning and earning at the same time. Niftylift offers a competitive wage, health cover, contributory pension, life insurance and holiday allowance scheme.
How to Apply:
Recruitment for 2021 intake is now closed. We will be open for applications again in 2022.
Apprenticeship Application Form
What happens next?
If you are a successful applicant you'll be invited in for an initial interview and assessment at Niftylift. You will also be invited for an interview and assessment at Milton Keynes College.
Thank you for showing an interest in Niftylift and good luck with your application!