Trainee Paint Technician (Powder Coater) - Milton Keynes
Friday 8 July 2022
Founded in 1985 by Roger Bowden, Niftylift has grown to be one of the world's leading manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms, with over 500 employees in the UK and USA.
Our culture is one of openness, participation, accountability, flexibility and teamwork. We believe people to be our prime asset and highly value and rely on employee involvement to achieve our goals. We operate as a single-status organisation and all employees are treated fairly and equally, whatever their role within the organisation.
Our staff welfare program includes benefits such as staff healthcare, staff discounts, subsidised food, death in service, a cycle to work scheme, free on-site parking, a dedicated on-site staff induction and training centre as well as regular staff events. e.g. company luncheons, family open days and Christmas parties.
The Trainee Paint Technician Role requires dynamic team players with a can-do attitude and have the will and want to train to become a hands-on skilled Paint Technician. Training will be provided to cover all aspects of shot blasting, fully preparing, wet spraying and powder coating a range of chassis and ancillary component/materials. The role requires operating to a high quality / workmanship standards within a world-class manufacturing team and facility.
Working hours for the role are 08.00 - 16.30, Monday - Friday (with regular structured overtime).
This role offers a competitive guaranteed basic starting salary of £22,880 per annum, with OTE's up to £36,000 upon completion of successful in-house training.
How To Apply
If you'd like to apply for this role you can contact us via any one of the following methods:
- Apply online - fill out the form below
- Send us an email with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give us a call on +44 1908 223456 and ask to speak to the HR department.
- Request a call-back from Niftylift (candidates only):
Responsibilities Upon Completion of Training
- Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure:
- Correct coverage and gloss level achieved
- Correct mix of ratios of paints, thinners & hardeners are achieved
- Understanding spray / powder gun functions & able to strip down clean and re-assemble
- Setting up spray / powder guns and equipment to compensate for:
- Different types of surface (bare metal/ undercoat/rework)
- Different paint types & viscosities
- Powdering direct to bare metal from a provided set process, and to undercoat components to achieve ‘Right First Time’ results.
- Spraying 2K topcoats over wet primers achieving ‘Right First Time’ results.
- Completing various planned Maintenance tasks on all Paint Spraying, Powder Coating & Preparation equipment.
- Achieving high-quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis’.
- Maintain a clean environment within the department.
- Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal & polymer components before paint / powder application. Skilled in masking & reworking painted / powder coated parts.
- Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly.
- Identifying material surface defects on parts prior paint / powder and repairing using adequate products
- Masking, final paint / powder preparation, handling parts on and off paint / powder runways. Moving chassis parts in and out of paint / powder booths / ovens.
- Committed team player with emphasis on flexibility, productivity and be focused on continuous improvement;
- Must be prepared to work regular overtime;
- High attention to detail;
- Understanding the effects poor maintenance of spray and powder equipment can have on quality.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.