Senior Control Systems Engineer - Milton Keynes
Monday 28 March 2022
The Senior Control Systems Engineer performs high-level Control System engineering activities, overseeing the work of Engineers to ensure a common approach to Control System design.
The Role in More Detail
- Interpret product and sub-system requirements into functional design specifications.
- Generate electrical and software architectures at both a product and sub-system level.
- Produce high-level design concepts to meet specified requirements.
- Generate electrical component specifications.
- Generate software specifications.
- Oversee the design and development of software.
- Sign off technical content.
- Support the commissioning of products, from initial debug to functionality verification.
- Represent the Control Systems team in projects ranging from New Product Development to Value Engineering.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of several Engineers.
- Support continuous improvement by being involved in the generation and updating of departmental design processes.
- Interface with other areas of the Engineering function to ensure the efficient integration of the control system into the wider product.
- Be able to work on projects ranging from sub-system concepts to proven production machines.
- Manage project work and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong academic background.
- A degree in a relevant field (candidates without a degree will be considered if they can demonstrate extensive and relevant industry experience).
- Experience in electrical system design and development for complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience in using design tools such as AutoCAD and CREO.
- Experience in leading or mentoring Engineers.
- Knowledge of PLC programming using CODESYS.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety.
- An appreciation of Engineering standards e.g. BS EN ISO 13849 or BS EN 62061.
- Experience in software development using MS Visual Studio (C, C#, C++) advantageous.
- Experience in 3D CAD advantageous.
- Methodical and systematic approach.
- Able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Desire to learn.
- Ability to consistently produce a high quality of work.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.