Quality Control / Assurance Team Leader (Engineering / Manufacturing) - Milton Keynes
Thursday 14 July 2022
Founded in 1985 by Roger Bowden, Niftylift has grown to be one of the world's leading manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms, with over 500 employees in the UK and USA.
Our culture is one of openness, participation, accountability, flexibility and teamwork. We believe people to be our prime asset and highly value and rely on employee involvement to achieve our goals. We operate as a single-status organisation and all employees are treated fairly and equally, whatever their role within the organisation.
Our staff welfare program includes benefits such as staff healthcare, staff discounts, subsidised food, death in service, a cycle to work scheme, free on-site parking, a dedicated on-site staff induction and training centre as well as regular staff events. e.g. company luncheons, family open days and Christmas parties.
Both hands-on and supervision of the Quality Control requirements of both supplied components and production in build process adherence. Measure, control and administer supply adherence to design specification, and production build adherence to the process / work instructions. Support and drive implementation of preventative / problem-solving solutions to internal / external quality concerns. Provide leadership and support to the team and drive targets to meet output KPI’s.
Working hours for the role are 40 per week (08:00 - 16:30 Monday - Friday), with structured overtime paid at premium rates!
Guaranteed basic starting salary of £32,448.00 per annum, with OTE's of £40,494 per annum!
How To Apply
If you'd like to apply for this role you can contact us via any one of the following methods:
- Apply online - fill out the form below
- Send us an email with your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
- Give us a call on +44 1908 223456 and ask to speak to the HR department.
- Request a call-back from Niftylift (candidates only):
The Role in More Detail
- Working in a medium-volume manufacturing environment you will support the day-to-day production of all quality-related activities.
- Measurement, inspection, and diagnostics of component level and sub assembly level engineered parts.
- Promoting a culture of 'No Fault Forward'.
- Determine the root cause of defects and action preventative improvement tasks to support stakeholder actions, including the utilisation of practical problem solving / 8D methods.
- Processing and reporting of non-conforming material back to suppliers, containing any issues from production.
- Controlling parts in quarantine related to their production area.
- Giving judgment on issues from a quality aspect, within their production areas.
- Supporting and facilitating containment and prevention of internal quality issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in supervision of a team working in a Quality Environment.
- Able to structure and measure achievable team targets, and provision of coaching, training, and support.
- Experience in assembly manufacturing Assembly and Finishing Processes.
- Level 4 in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Use of a range of inspection equipment.
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive can-do attitude to problem-solving, developing systems, and improving business performance.
- Ability to promote team working culture and the effectiveness of teams.
- Demonstrate Leadership qualities to drive improvements within a team.
- Proven Problem-Solving experience, 5why, and 8D methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including a good level of presentation skills (verbal & written), but focussed and summarised on a need-to-know basis where relevant.
- Maintain a professional direct and indirect approach with all members of the company. Credibility at all levels within the operations business. Focussed on the management of sectors within the operations business only.
- Excellent man management skills, including the ability to act as a coach to the team and provide encouragement and support.
- Decision-making based on overall business requirements and best practice. Able to work to tight timescales and under pressure, whilst maintaining a calm, prioritised, and structured approach to all tasks / issues.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.