Quality Technician / Quality Control Inspector (Engineering / Manufacturing) - Milton Keynes
Monday 31 January 2022
The Quality Technician will provide quality control support to manufacturing areas, conduct inspection to control and monitor and ensure build integrity. The role will involve collecting and processing measurement data, developing and maintaining quality control documentation, facilitating root cause analysis and structured implementation of preventative solutions to quality concerns affecting the production cells, through external supply, internal build, finished product standards adherence and customer issues / support.
Salary & Working Hours
The role offers a competitive guaranteed starting salary of £30,322.40 per annum with OTE up to £37,882 per annum (including bonus payments and average overtime payments).
Working hours for the role are 40 per week (08:00 - 16:30, Monday - Friday) with overtime available and paid at premium rates!
The Role in More Detail
- Working in a medium volume manufacturing environment you will support the day-to-day production on all quality related activities.
- Measurement, inspection and diagnostics of component level and sub assembly level engineered parts.
- Promoting a culture of 'No Fault Forward'.
- Determine the root casue of defects and action preventative improvement tasks to support stakeholder actions, including the utilisation of practical problem solving / 8D methods.
- Processing and reporting of non-conforming material back to suppliers, containing any issues from production.
- Controlling parts in quarantine related to their production area.
- Giving judgment on issues from a quality asepct, within their production areas.
- Supporting and facilitating containment and prevention of internal quality issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in engineering / manufacturing practices; Mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and structural fabrication / welding.
- Level 3 Engineering qualification, or 5 plus years experience within engineering.
- Ability to use measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint also Access but not essential.
- ONC or equivalent qualification.
- Ability to work within a team structure.
- Good Organisation Skills.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001: 2015).
- Experience of a production manufacturing system .
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels, including good level of presentation skills (verbal & written) for measured data and in-process quality concerns;
- Positive can do attitude to problem solving, developing systems and improving business performance;
- Ability to promote team working culture and demonstrate team ethics;
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to tasks, adherence to procedures and auditing of processes.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.