Product Support Engineer - Milton Keynes
Tuesday 9 November 2021
The role is to support existing products in production. Key activities include problem-solving, engineering change control, and designing solutions for customer options.
The Role in More Detail
- Support existing Mobile Elevating Work Platform products in production;
- Solve engineering problems relating to production line assembly problems, and engineering change requests with providing containment actions;
- Support the Production Engineering and Design departments to implement solutions for customer options;
- Prepare and maintain CAD models in Creo 7;
- Produce Engineering drawings to BS8888;
- Design and conduct experiments to solve 8D problems as part of the company’s team-based problem solving methodology;
- Support of customers and Sales Team with technical support;
- Resolve customer problems from our customer feedback system.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and have Engineering design experience in industry or have an Engineering HND and relevant experience in a relevant Engineering field;
- An understanding of controls systems, structural design, hydraulics, packaging requirements and recognise the importance of good product quality;
- Experience in support of product testing and development advantageous;
- Exposure to the Machinery Directive and familiarity of working with product standards would be advantageous;
- Minimum 3 years experience of Creo 7 mechanical design package (or similar) for piece part and model assemblies;
- Experience with GD&T and Welding annotations;
- Experience with Autocad 2D for mechanical design and electrical schematics would be advantageous;
- Experience of Windchill PDMLink (or similar) would be advantageous.
- Strong problem solving ability;
- Excellent communication skills.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.