Logistics Controller - Milton Keynes
Thursday 5 May 2022
To accurately stock control and safely handle materials (raw material, engineered parts, consumables, and finished products), through goods in, stores, line feeding, issuing / kitting parts, yard area (delivery / storage / collection), chassis pre assembly and marshalling, spares / warranty, and stores development.
The Role in More Detail
- Efficient organisation and control of allocated logistics tasks / operations, including compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility, and development of skills through the complete stock control process. Plus training of new team members;
- Full adherence / compliance with departmental and ISO 45001 procedures, and total quality focus throughout all direct / indirect stages of the stores process to achieve a quality product aligned to the customer’s specification / expectations;
- Maintaining accurate information on the company’s documentation / computerised manufacturing system, through ensuring accurate recording of quantities, part identification, and part location. Monitor, control and requisition the range of consumables held within the stores areas;
- Stock takes and cycle checks to be performed in line with company procedures. All inaccuracies to be highlighted (where low stock exists), stock adjustments made, and the cause identified and prevented from reoccurring;
- Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping throughout. 5’s to be sustained;
- Safe operation and compliance with daily maintenance of the company’s material handling / forklift trucks;
- Attending and actioning requirements from daily stakeholder team meetings. Continuous improvement through lean manufacturing implementation;
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost and innovation requirements. Ensuring company procedures are complied with.
Qualifications and Experience
- Material handling;
- Use of FLT(Flexi/Bendi), Counterbalance preferable;
- Computer skills to include the use of Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook;
- A good communicator at all levels within the business as well as with customers is fundamental therefore must have a high standard of spoken and written English.
- Friendly and approachable personality with a willingness to help others, who thrives in a dynamic team to ensure world class customer service is given;
- Flexible approach to working hours.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.