Logistics Controller - Hoyland
Friday 22 July 2022
Founded in 1985 by Roger Bowden, Niftylift has grown to be one of the world's leading manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms, with over 500 employees in the UK and USA.
Our culture is one of openness, participation, accountability, flexibility and teamwork. We believe people to be our prime asset and highly value and rely on employee involvement to achieve our goals. We operate as a single-status organisation and all employees are treated fairly and equally, whatever their role within the organisation.
Our staff welfare program includes benefits such as staff healthcare, staff discounts, subsidised food, death in service, a cycle to work scheme, free on-site parking, a dedicated on-site staff induction and training centre as well as regular staff events. e.g. company luncheons, family open days and Christmas parties.
The Logistics Controller will accurately stock control and safely handle materials (raw material, engineered parts, consumables, and finished products), through goods-in, stores, line feeding, issuing / kitting parts, yard area (delivery / storage / collection), chassis pre-assembly and marshalling, spares / warranty and stores development.
Guaranteed basic starting salary of £22,963.20 per annum, plus production bonus, annual bonus, and overtime paid at premium levels!
We currently have vacancies for both DAY and NIGHT shift! Please mention in the comments of your application which shift you are applying for!
How To Apply
If you'd like to apply for this role you can contact us via any one of the following methods:
- Apply online - fill out the form below
- Send us an email with your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
- Give us a call on +44 1908 223456 and ask to speak to the HR department.
- Request a call-back from Niftylift (candidates only):
The Role in More Detail
- Efficient organisation and control of allocated logistics tasks / operations, including compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility, and development of skills through the complete stock control process. Plus training of new team members;
- Full adherence / compliance with departmental and ISO 45001 procedures, and total quality focus throughout all direct / indirect stages of the stores process to achieve a quality product aligned to the customer’s specification / expectations;
- Maintaining accurate information on the company’s documentation / computerised manufacturing system, through ensuring accurate recording of quantities, part identification, and part location. Monitor, control and requisition the range of consumables held within the stores areas;
- Stock takes and cycle checks to be performed in line with company procedures. All inaccuracies to be highlighted (where low stock exists), stock adjustments made, and the cause identified and prevented from reoccurring;
- Safe operation and compliance with daily maintenance of the company’s material handling / forklift trucks;
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost, and innovation requirements. Ensuring company procedures are complied with.
Qualifications & Experience
- Material handling;
- Use of FLT(Flexi/Bendi), Counterbalance preferable;
- Computer skills to include the use of Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook;
- A good communicator at all levels within the business as well as with customers is fundamental therefore must have a high standard of spoken and written English.
- Friendly and approachable personality with a willingness to help others, who thrives in a dynamic team to ensure world class customer service is given;
- Flexible approach to working hours.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.