Niftylift is committed to playing a part in the protection of the environment, both in the operation of facilities and the design of products.
Niftylift is committed to its objective for continual improvement and our aim is for all sites to achieve environmental certification to the internationally recognised environmental management system standard - ISO 14001 (2015).
Reducing carbon emissions of products through the design process
- Hybrid Engines
- Development of Hybrid design allows for zero Emissions at point of use
- Lower fuel consumption
- Lower carbon emissions
- Bi-Energy choice
- Catalytic/Particulate Exhaust Filters
- Reduced carbon monoxide 85%
- Reduced hydrocarbons 85%
- Reduced particulates up to 60%
- Advanced Design
- Low weight design of machines and advanced control systems permits the use of smaller engines, reducing carbon emissions by up to 50%
- Tier 4 Engines
- Further reduce carbon emissions
- Lower Transportation Cost
- Low weight, compact design reduces transportation costs
Communicating the environmental policy throughout the workplace has helped to reduce the carbon footprint through building awareness.
- Cycle to Work Bicycle loan Scheme
- 'Switch off' Policy
- Electric Car for efficient travel between Head Office and Research & Development site and local business trips
The waste hierarchy is clearly communicated throughout the workplace, encouraging the reduction of unnecessary waste.
- Reuse, recycling and remanufacturing of products and parts
- Long standing relationships with reputable waste disposal companies for disposal of industrial wastes
- Paints, oil, aerosols, copper cables, metals & aluminium
Niftylift has a new manufacturing facility which is being designed and built to BREEAM Excellent standard.