Software Development Engineer
Tuesday 13 August 2019
The Software Development Engineer develops and supports the design of software within the control system of Niftylift’s Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Write and develop module-level code in-line with the software development process;
- Develop product-level code to support the development of new products;
- Modify module-level and product-level code to assist with the test and validation of new products;
- Interpret module test plans and create visualisations in CODESYS to facilitate module verification testing;
- Assist in specifying software functionality;
- Generate bespoke test software to assist with general test and validation activities;
- Follow good practice for revision control and commenting within the code to ensure traceability and facilitate knowledge capture;
- Support the updating of software for machines currently in production.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
In addition to a strong engineering background, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree in a relevant field (candidates without a degree will be considered if they can demonstrate extensive and relevant industry experience);
- Experience in a relevant role;
- Experience in software development for complex electro-mechanical systems;
- Knowledge of PLC logic and programming
In addition to the above, the following is preferable but not essential:
- Knowledge of programming using CoDeSys (especially using FBD ‘Functional Block Diagram’ and ST ‘Structured Text’ languages);
- Knowledge of control of hydraulic valves;
- Experience in developing software using the V-Model;
- Experience of developing software for mobile machinery.
- Methodical and systematic approach;
- Able to work as part of a team or individually;
- Good attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving ability;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Desire to learn and train others;
- Ability to work with partial information and minimal supervision;
- Ability to produce efficiently a consistent high quality of work;
- Flexible approach to working hours.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.