Quality Engineer - Hoyland, South Yorkshire
Friday 22 June 2018
To provide support to all operational processes in the development of and maintaining of Quality Systems and Procedure in line with Niftylift Standards. Support the development of a no fault forward culture through the facilitation of problem solving resulting in the prevention of day to day quality issues. Provide measured data and analysis of data to support management decisions concerning quality performance. Liaise with suppliers to provide effective containment and preventative actions on non-conforming parts/product in line with company standards. Provide effective containment and preventative action response to customer complaints affecting your assigned areas of responsibility.
Main tasks of role:
- Attend Stakeholder meetings for the production areas assigned as per responsibility. Provide timely feedback and complete actions to agreed time scales.
- Facilitate the evaluation of Root Causes through proven problem solving methods, 5 Why and 8D to resolve and provide sustainable solutions to daily quality problems.
- Where applicable (e.g. with persistent issues) P.F.M.E.A and D.M.A.I.C. methods to be used to ensure robust preventative actions are implemented to resolve and provide sustainable solutions to quality concerns.
- Provide support where assigned by the Quality Manager for the integration of New Products through the deployment of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) tools and methodology, integrating PPAP (Product Part Approval Process) for internal processed parts and externally supplied parts.
- To implement and maintain process control measurement systems e.g. SPC (Statistical Process Control), Process Capability measures Cpk/Ppk, AQL (Acceptable Quality Limits), X-Bar/R Charts for statistical process trends etc. to support the implementation of Quality Control Plans to provide Team Leaders with relevant quality KPI's to support the daily management of their teams quality performance.
- Provide in-process inspection, and PDI final inspection documentation, plus supporting HQD (how to measure and what is a pass / fail) to support the day to day control of manufacturing process alignment to assigned responsible areas, where required.
- Day to day liaison with Milton Keynes Quality Team for the immediate containment of QR/QN issues raised.
- Containment to be communicated within 24hrs of any complaint.
- Preventative actions communicated to the Customer when a robust solution has been verified (with project managed dates / timescales, for close out).
- Day to day liaison with suppliers for Quality concerns raised against them, PCN process to be followed in line with Niftylift Standards and in accordance with Supply Agreement Contracts. All associated rework, transport, scrap etc. costs to be recorded and provided to the supplier in accordance with those agreements.
- Develop and implement Supplier Quality Assurance procedures to ensure all externally supplied products, material and parts lowest cost methods of checking and recording the receipt of Supplied products, material and parts at goods inwards were absolutely necessary to ensure the production process meets required standards of quality.
- Periodic inspection and control of jigs and fixtures calibration.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in manufacturing practices; Welding/Fabrication, CNC Machining, Assembly, Finishing Processes and Pressing
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Computer literate - with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint also Access and Project but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2008)
- Proven Problem Solving experience, 5why and 8D methods
- Working knowledge of PPAP/APQP tools and methods
- Experience of D.F.M.E.A. and P.F.M.E.A. (desirable buit not essential)
- Working knowledge of LEAN principles
- Understanding of Six Sigma D.M.A.I.C.(desirable but not essential)
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels, including good level of presentation skills (verbal & written) focussed on relevant data and conclusions.
- Positive can do attitude to problem solving, developing systems and improving business performance.
- Ability to promote team working culture and the effectiveness of teams.
- Demonstrate Leadership qualities to drive improvements within a team.
The above role offers a competitive wage, health cover, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.