Quality Control Technician – Line/Cell Support
Wednesday 13 March 2019
Provide Quality Control support to Manufacturing areas, conduct inspection to control, monitor and ensure build integrity. Collect and process measurement data. Develop/maintain quality control documentation. Facilitate root cause analysis and structured implementation of preventative solutions to quality concerns affecting the production cells, through external supply, internal build, finished product standards adherence and customer issues/support. Responsible for Quality KPI’s and reporting at Stakeholder meetings.
- Provide support to assigned Production areas to control in-process quality, identify and report non-conforming product. Promoting a culture of No-Fault Forward;
- Determine the root cause of defects and action preventative improvement tasks to support stakeholder actions, including the utilisation of practical problem solving/8D methods;
- Monitor & audit in-process quality control systems to ensure the accuracy of data collection and early response to process deviation from AQL’s (Acceptable Quality Limits);
- Assist in the development of Quality Control Procedures; SPC, X-Bar/R charts and Quality Control Plans, monitor and audit accuracy of data and completed documents, reporting any issues to the Team Leader;
- Conduct inspection of ISIR and product parts to drawing specification to ensure effective containment of non-conforming parts; including faro arm, digital imaging, reporting any issues to the Team Leader;
- Provide support in the calibration of production tooling;
- Updating and maintenance of Quality information to support the reporting of accurate KPI’s;
- Provide support to assigned Production areas to control in-process quality, identify and report non-conforming product and assist in the repair/rework process. Promotion of a culture of ‘No Fault Forward’. Support representatives from appropriate departments to ensure machine build quality is maintained;
- Arrange through the relevant area for any necessary supplier technical resource to rectify Access Platforms/items on site, ensuring all necessary preparations are made, to allow for a speedy & effective return of the product to the progress. The Quality Technician will be responsible for the co-ordination of supplier rework, including identification of agreed preventative actions;
- Attend and report in the relevant stakeholder meetings. Ownership and responsibility for Quality KPI performance for allocated lines. Responsible for providing secure preventative actions to external and internal quality related concerns;
- Responsible for supporting Supplier Development activities. Allowing the supply base to achieve the expected quality of supply and improve their performance;
- Working with internal suppliers to provide support for the elimination of secondary inspection, drive improvements with the team and reduce NVA costs;
- Provide measurement data for New Products to support the accurate validation of process capability;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing practices; Mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and structural fabrication/welding;
- Accredited inspector qualification, e.g. PCN level 1 for welding inspection;
- Ability to use basic measuring equipment, e.g. Vernier, bore micrometre, bore gauges and Go/No Go gauges etc;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint also Access but not essential;
- Experience, knowledge of the assembly of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms;
- ONC or equivalent qualification;
- Ability to work within a team structure;
- Good Organisation Skills;
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2008/ 2015);
- Experience of a Production Manufacturing system (SAP, Visual);
- Knowledge and ability to carry out machine weight test and PDI (Pre-delivery inspection of machines) would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels, including a good level of presentation skills (verbal & written) for measured data and in-process quality concerns;
- Positive can-do attitude to problem-solving, developing systems and improving business performance;
- Ability to promote team working culture and demonstrate team ethics;
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to tasks, adherence to procedures and auditing of processes.
The above role offers a competitive basic rate, plus overtime premiums, quality bonus, profit related bonus, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.