Quality Control Technician
Tuesday 27 August 2019
Provide Quality Control support to Manufacturing areas, conduct inspection, collect measurement data, and ensure quality control documents are available to operators. PDI sheets, In-process inspection sheets;
Support Quality Assurance Engineers and Team Leaders in implementing preventative solutions to quality concerns;
Assist in the development, implementation and auditing of Quality Control Procedures;
Conduct “patrol” inspection assisting operators in identifying non-conforming processing to standards and identifying rework requirements.
Main Tasks of Job
- Provide support to assigned Production areas to control in-process quality, identify and report non-conforming product and assist in the repair/rework process to reduce scrappage of non-conforming products. Promoting a culture of No Fault Forward;
- Support the QA Engineer in determining root cause of defects and action preventative improvement tasks assigned, including the utilisation of practical problem solving / 8D methods;
- Monitor & audit in-process quality control systems to ensure accuracy of data collection and early response to process deviation from AQL’s (Acceptable Quality Limits);
- Assist in the development of Quality Control Procedures; SPC, X-Bar/R charts and Quality Control Plans, monitor and audit accuracy of data and completed documents, reporting any issues to the Team Leader;
- Provide measurement data for in process quality performance to QA Engineers for the analysis of process capability and processing trends;
- Conduct Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) of completed Chassis and Sections to ensure effective containment of non-conforming parts;
- Working with the Team Leader in an assigned area, provide day to day support for the elimination of secondary inspection, drive improvements with the team for operator inspection and reduce NVA costs;
- Provide measurement data for New Products to support the accurate validation of process capability;
- Provide measurement data for the calibration of current jig and fixtures;
- Provide measurement data for the baseline dimensions for new jigs and fixtures for future calibration;
- Updating and maintenance of Quality information to support the reporting of accurate KPI’s;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. This includes undertaking personal development training and the training of others.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to use Faro Arm;
- Weld inspection/ testing qualification e.g. PCN Level 1;
- Experience in manufacturing practices; Welding/Fabrication, CNC Machining, Assembly, Finishing Processes and Pressing;
- Ability to use basic measuring equipment, e.g. Vernier, bore micrometre, bore gauges and Go/No Go gauges etc;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint also Access;
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015).
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels, including good level of presentation skills (verbal & written) for measured data and in-process quality concerns;
- Positive can do attitude to problem solving, developing systems and improving business performance;
- Ability to promote team working culture and demonstrate team ethics;
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to tasks, adherence to procedures and auditing of processes.
The above role offers a competitive wage, shift premium, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.