Friday 22 February 2019
The Project Engineer works within the New Product Development team, supporting a project’s progression from concept into a lean production environment.
- Responsible for the ease of manufacture and assembly of new products in accordance with Niftylift company standards;
- Implement Niftylift’s processes, methods, and templates for project engineering on individual projects;
- Create and maintain the Manufacturing Bill of Materials for prototype and pre-production machine builds;
- Monitor key performance indicators for product quality and report project status to the Project Manager;
- Determine priorities on individual projects and ensure prototypes are built to deadlines;
- Attend daily stakeholder meetings to ensure deliverables meet deadlines;
- Plan tool and fixings standardisation on projects during early product development stages to ensure effective production handover of the developed product and process;
- Inspect prototype component parts and report non-conformances to suppliers. Work with suppliers to establish corrective actions to prevent future occurrences and liaise with Design Engineers to implement lessons learned;
- Liaise with business stakeholders, including Purchasing, Quality, Production Engineering, and Service during the early project phases to ensure their requirements are considered during design and prototype development;
- Work with Production Engineers and Design Engineers to establish and document, safe and logical machine assembly sequences. Generate standard operating procedures to support its assembly;
- Review the product’s CAD assembly model and the Engineering Bill of Materials, and generate the Manufacturing Bill of Materials;
- Create and maintain assembly instructions and associated quality documents, and approve documents produced by others;
- Update project-specific tracking documents to ensure project statuses are accurate;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience as a Project Engineer;
- HND or Engineering degree in a relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Production Engineering, Electrical Engineering);
- Competent in MS Office.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Pragmatic problem solver;
- Effective communicator;
- Can motivate self and others;
- Flexible approach;
- Decision-making ability and leadership skills;
- Time management and organisation skills;
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.