Friday 8 March 2019
To support the manufacture of the companies existing and new product range through generating effective engineering information /systems/manufacturing processes and facilities in accordance with H&S legislation.
To implement a successful Lean Manufacturing culture, focusing on continual improvement and the elimination/reduction of all wastes by educating the business and removing non-value added waste from the business processes
- Responsible for the engineering review of all customer orders, in line with generating/maintaining accurate build specifications and works order information on the companies manufacturing system (through liaison with Sales and Design/Engineering function);
- Responsible for reviewing/approving efficient drawing issue/drawing changes, plus the control of there introduction, including stock control and updating the companies manufacturing system (build specifications and works orders), plus control of drawing hardcopies. Communicate and support drawing issues/changes with production;
- Administration of controlled build and maintaining the accuracy of the companies bills of materials and part locations. Maintain and develop the build process documentation/instructions used in all areas of production;
- Through liaison with production personnel, review, control and implement effective and efficient improvements to engineering specifications, fixtures/tooling, build operations and logistics organisation;
- Provide support to quality assurance/control activities with reference to supplier, customer and internal quality/engineering issues. Liaison and review with suppliers to resolve engineering queries and manufacturing/engineering cost down improvements. Responsible for hands on analysis, problem solving and development of all production processes, methods and engineering specifications. Maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of all operations and engineering specifications;
- Development of the cellular manufacturing/flow line/single piece flow principles through each of the product/supply areas, including balancing, simplification, tooling, fixtures, and configuration/ergonomics of workstations;
- People/culture development and training in alignment with new methods/practices being introduced. Encourage and facilitate improvements promoted from the employee teams through the use of Total Quality Management techniques;
- Logistics development through defining/implementing refined parts flow, location organisation and material control processes/kanban systems. Develop and maintain the practices necessary to achieve excellent housekeeping standards through 5S and Visual Factory;
- Make versus buy analysis/costing to maximise commercial advantage. Liaison and review with suppliers to engineer cost out of component supply;
- Provide mechanical and electrical fault-finding/problem-solving support direct to production cells, maintaining fault diagnostics database;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 5 years experience;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma in the manufacturing field preferable;
- Formal training in Lean/Six Sigma would be preferable;
- Demonstrated engineering/manufacturing experience;
- Excellent analytical skills combined with good negotiation and conflict management skills with proficiency in computers would be beneficial.
- Adaptable to accept new changes in the field of production engineering;
- Strong organisation, planning and implementation skills;
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them quickly;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Self-driven with a positive attitude;
- Result oriented.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.