Production Manager - Hoyland, South Yorkshire
Friday 22 June 2018
- To manage a multi shift production area in line with the company strategic direction. Utilisation and development of company standards and tools.
- Manage the production resources and facilities through effective man management of Section Managers, providing positive leadership / coaching in through a structured continuous improvement culture. Measuring, reporting and managing key performance indicators at each stage.
- Efficient organisation and utilisation of 100 plus production staff, across multi shifts, including compliance with health and safety standards, skills flexibility, and commercial achievement of product quality, delivery and cost requirements including right first time / no fault forwards quality adherence.
- Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping throughout the production function and warehouse facilities.
- People / culture development and training in alignment with new methods / practices being introduced. Encourage and facilitate improvements promoted from the employee teams.
- Provide weekly production performance data to the Management Team through effective KPI's.
- Manage labour to capacity with the control of recruitment and balanced overtime, controlling the costs of direct Labour to budgets.
- To support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies throughout the complete manufacturing cycle from material supply to dispatched finish product, including removal of non-value added activities. Internal / external stakeholder meeting structured and support daily.
Education / Experience:
Minimum 5 years in a Production Management role within a Manufacturing environment. Preferably Automotive background (not essential), must demonstrate an understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques. Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline or evidence of extensive experience working in an engineering / production environment.
Computer literate: Standard Microsoft tools, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. ERP system user.
The above role offers a competitive wage, health cover, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.