Product / Industrial Designer
Thursday 3 January 2019
Work as part of the Product Design team within Engineering to produce innovative designs with a focus on HMI, operator safety, machine styling, component packaging, and new materials.
- Creating and developing innovative products using a range of design and engineering skills, including mechanical design, product styling, human factors, ergonomics, basic electronics, and the production of prototypes;
- Creating three-dimensional designs using surface modelling;
- Reviewing and updating Human Machine Interfaces to ensure adherence to international safety and ergonomic standards;
- Communicating ideas using visualisation/rendering software and rapid prototyping;
- Creating and updating machine labels using Adobe Illustrator;
- Creating technical drawings using a combination of 2D and 3D CAD software;
- Supporting and coordinating the protection of intellectual property (patents and trademarks);
- Supporting the migration of data and documents to PLM software.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Product design or Industrial design degree;
- Creo CAD software (or similar). Experience using surface modelling, top-down modelling, and skeleton models is preferred;
- Keyshot rendering software (or similar) is preferred;
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator;
- Familiar working with technical drawings and diagrams;
- Experience working in a design/manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, materials, product development, and rapid prototyping is preferred.
- A keen eye for detail;
- Appreciation of form and aesthetics of manufactured products;
- Innovative and pragmatic problem solver;
- Personable approach and ability to work effectively as part of a team across different disciplines;
- Good understanding of the importance of version control;
- Enthusiasm & desire to succeed
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.