Powder Coater & Preparation Technician
Friday 22 June 2018
Main Purpose of Job:
Hands-on role powder coating a range of chassis and ancillary components/materials.
Main Tasks of Job:
- Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure correct coverage and gloss level achieved;
- Powdering direct to bare metal and to undercoat components to achieve 'Right First Time' results;
- Understanding powder gun functions & able to strip down and re-assemble;
- Setting up powder guns and equipment to compensate for different types of surface (bare metal/ undercoat/rework);
- Completing various planned Maintenance tasks on all Powder Coat/Preparation equipment;
- Achieving high-quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis';
- Maintain a clean environment within the department;
- Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal components before powder application. Skilled in masking & reworking powder coated parts;
- Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly;
- Identifying material surface defects on parts prior powder and repairing using adequate products;
- Masking, final powder preparation, handling parts on and off powder runways. Moving of chassis parts in and out of powder ovens.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation's overall business objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in powder coating to understand the effects of poor preparation and/or poor powder application can have in terms of inconsistent film thickness, gloss levels, orange peel appearance & colour variations;
- An appreciation of the Health & Safety hazards within a paint shop, specifically flammable liquids. Experienced in using & maintaining air fed respiratory equipment;
- Experience of operating within a lean manufacturing/continuous improvement team environment;
- Experience of wet Interzinc primer using airless, air assisted and HVLP systems. Preferably within the manufacturing or car industry;
- Preferably of industrial powder coating.
- Committed team player with an emphasis on flexibility, productivity and be focused on continuous improvement;
- Must be prepared to work regular overtime;
- High attention to detail;
- Understanding the effects that poor maintenance of powder equipment can have on quality.
The above role offers a competitive wage rate, Business Performance Bonus, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.