Tuesday 19 February 2019
Hands-on role shot blasting, fully preparing, wet spraying and powder coating a range of chassis and ancillary components/materials.
Main Tasks of Job
- Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure;
- Correct coverage and gloss level achieved;
- The correct mix of ratios of paints, thinners & hardeners are achieved;
- Understanding spray/powder gun functions & able to strip down clean and re-assemble;
- Setting up spray/powder guns and equipment to compensate for;
- Different type of surface (bare metal/ undercoat/rework);
- Different paint types & viscosities;
- Powdering direct to bare metal from a provided set process, and to undercoat components to achieve ‘Right First Time’ results;
- Spraying 2K topcoats over wet primers achieving ‘Right First Time’ results;
- Completing various planned Maintenance tasks on all Paint Spraying, Powder Coating & Preparation equipment;
- Achieving high-quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis’;
- Maintain a clean environment within the department;
- Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal & polymer components before paint / powder application. Skilled in masking & reworking painted / powder coated parts;
- Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly;
- Identifying material surface defects on parts prior paint / powder and repairing using adequate products;
- Masking, final paint/powder preparation, handling parts on and off paint/powder runways. Moving of chassis parts in and out of paint/powder booths/ovens.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in spraying or powder coating to understand the effects of poor preparation and/or poor paint/powder application can have in terms of inconsistent film thickness, gloss levels, orange peel appearance & colour variations;
- And/or; Experience of wet painting primer and gloss and/or wet Interzinc primer using airless, air assisted and HVLP systems, primer and gloss paint (2pack systems), preferably within a manufacturing or car industry;
- An appreciation of the Health & Safety hazards within a paint shop, specifically Isocyanates & flammable liquids. Experienced in using & maintaining air fed respiratory equipment;
- Experience of operating within a lean manufacturing/continuous improvement team environment;
- Shot blasting experience beneficial;
- Welding knowledge would be an added advantage, but not essential;
- Ability to read, write and communicate at all levels in English.
- Committed team player with an emphasis on flexibility, productivity and be focused on continuous improvement;
- Must be prepared to work regular overtime;
- High attention to detail;
- Understanding the effects of poor maintenance of spray and powder equipment can have on quality.
The above role offers a competitive wage rate, Business Performance Bonus, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.