Paint Sprayer & Preparation Technician
Tuesday 22 January 2019
Main Purpose of Job:
Hands-on role shot blasting, fully preparing, wet spraying and powder coating a range of chassis and ancillary components/materials.
Main Tasks of Job:
- Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure correct mix ratios of paints, thinners & hardeners are achieved;
- Spraying 2K topcoats over wet primers achieving ‘Right First Time’ results;
- Understanding spray/powder gun functions & able to strip down, re-build powder, suction fed & gravity fed spray guns;
- Setting up spray guns to compensate for different paint types & viscosities;
- Achieving high-quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis’;
- Maintain a clean environment within the department;
- Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal & polymer components before paint application. Skilled in masking & reworking painted parts;
- Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly;
- Identifying material surface defects on parts prior paint and repairing using polyester filler products;
- Masking, final paint preparation, handling parts on and off paint runways. Moving of chassis parts in and out of paint booths/ovens.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in spraying to understand the effects of poor preparation and/or poor paint application can have in terms of inconsistent film thickness, gloss levels, orange peel appearance & colour variations;
- An appreciation of the Health & Safety hazards within a paint shop, specifically Isocyanates & flammable liquids. Experienced in using & maintaining air fed respiratory equipment;
- Experience of operating within a lean manufacturing/continuous improvement team environment;
- Powder coating experience or adaptability to be trained;
- Welding knowledge would be an added advantage, but not essential;
- Shot blasting experience preferred;
- Experience of wet painting primer and gloss using airless, air assisted and HVLP systems, primer and gloss paints (2 pack systems). Preferably within the manufacturing or car industry;
- Preferably of both industrial spray painting and car re-finishing.
- Committed team player with an emphasis on flexibility, productivity and be focused on continuous improvement;
- Must be prepared to work regular overtime;
- High attention to detail;
- Understanding the effects of poor maintenance of spray equipment can have on quality.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.