Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Tuesday 19 February 2019
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for assisting with the development of the company's reliability based maintenance strategy, using preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance. Working directly with the Maintenance/Production Manager you will build a reliable preventative, predictive and routine maintenance program along with ensuring all Mechanical equipment is readily available for use when required.
- Troubleshooting, repair and replacement of the mechanical/electrical systems;
- Ensuring that periodic and preventive maintenance are appropriately scheduled and accomplished and that emergency troubleshooting and maintenance support are readily available as needed;
- Develop critically centred preventative and proactive maintenance regimes;
- Planning and coordinating maintenance jobs (management of reactive backlog) and projects;
- Maintains equipment information and service files;
- Spare parts management, data entry and procurement;
- Assist other maintenance personnel with equipment repairs and research;
- Coordination of sub-contract staff including the issuance of Permit to Works;
- Participate in plant safety, health & environmental programs;
- Create and maintain a plant asset register;
- Ensure that the legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to the area are met at all times;
- Working at heights, hot works and confined spaces;
- A willingness to undertake and support aspects of facilities maintenance;
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost and innovation requirements.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably qualified HNC, C&G, B-TECH in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of experience and/or qualification;
- Engineering/Maintenance background;
- Experience of mechanical assets;
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills;
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness;
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documents;
- Must be able to communicate with staff and sub-contractors at a technical level;
- Proven planning and organisational skills;
- UK Driving License.
- Extensive engineering experience;
- Mig/Tig basic welding experience;
- Basic electrical and pneumatic experience;
- Ability to deal positively and proactively with challenging priorities;
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001, 14001, BRC/IOP, and OHSAS 18001.
- Must be able to work individually as well as a team member;
- Must be a good communicator both written and verbally;
- A keen desire to learn new technologies;
- Decision making based on overall business requirements and best practice. Able to work to tight timescales and under pressure, whilst maintaining a calm, prioritised and structured approach to all tasks/issues.
The above role offers a competitive wage rate, Business Performance Bonus, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.