Tuesday 27 August 2019
Provide a maintenance service to Production and general site. Primary responsibilities for mechanical maintenance, i.e. CNC Machines, Semi-automated machines and automated machines (robots). Carry out advanced TPM routines where specialist skills are required.
Document all aspects of repairs, replacements and parts replaced to enable analysis of costs and frequency of servicing/breakdowns. Objective to minimise breakdowns and increase available operating capacity.
- Provide a service to production to maintain and make available as quickly as possible production machines;
- Provide information to support the improvements in performance and availability of key equipment;
- Conduct scheduled TPM routines on key plant and equipment, prevention of unplanned down time due to breakdowns etc;
- Develop and Audit Operator Planned Maintenance routines to daily to ensure longevity of machine life and optimising day to day performance;
- Update and maintain records of TPM and unplanned maintenance to ensure historical data is available for all key plant and equipment;
- Work alongside external service contractors to ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard, all work is documented and reported to the same detail as internal maintenance;
- Maintain the facility, carrying out basic repairs and support installations;
- Carry out Jig/Fixture maintenance in line with Calibration reports;
- Provide technical support to the design of jigs/fixtures, advising on maintenance access, spares and TPM frequency.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation, this may include training and mentoring colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced maintenance technician in a fast moving manufacturing environment;
- Qualified to HNC Mechanical Engineering or higher;
- Previous automation experience preferred;
- Experience in developing TPM/OPM routines.
- Hands on can do attitude to problem solving;
- Good communication skills, liaising with suppliers, contractors and Production;
- Organised and methodical in approach;
- Good computer skills for documenting maintenance reports.
The above role offers a competitive wage, shift premium, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.