Tuesday 19 February 2019
To accurately stock control and safely handle materials (raw material, engineered parts, consumables, and finished products), through goods in, stores, line feeding, issuing/kitting parts, yard area (delivery/storage/collection), chassis pre-assembly and marshalling, spares/warranty, and stores development.
Main Tasks of Job
- Efficient organisation and control of allocated logistics tasks/operations, including compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility, and development of skills through the complete stock control process. Plus training of new team members;
- Full adherence/compliance with departmental and ISO 9001 procedures, and total quality focus throughout all direct/indirect stages of the Stores process to achieve a quality product aligned to the customer’s specification/expectations;
- Maintaining accurate information on the company’s documentation / computerised manufacturing system, through ensuring accurate recording of quantities, part identification, and part location. Monitor, control and requisition the range of consumables held within the Stores areas;
- Stock takes and cycle-checks to be performed in line with company procedures. All inaccuracies to be highlighted (where low stock exists), stock adjustments made, and the cause identified and prevented from reoccurring;
- Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping throughout. 5’s to be sustained;
- Safe operation and compliance with daily maintenance of the company’s material handling/forklift trucks;
- Attending and actioning requirements from daily stakeholder team meetings. Continuous improvement through lean manufacturing implementation;
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost and innovation requirements. Ensuring company procedures are complied with.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Material handling;
- Use of FLT(Flexi/Bendi), Counterbalance preferable;
- Computer skills to include the use of Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook;
- A good communicator at all levels within the business as well as with customers is fundamental therefore must have a high standard of spoken and written English.
- Friendly and approachable personality with a willingness to help others, who thrives in a dynamic team to ensure world class customer service is given;
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Current working hours available:
- Milton Keynes - rotating shift pattern, one week on earlies and one week on lates. Flexible approach to working hours and commitment to both shift patterns is essential. The early day shift hours are 06.00 - 14.00 Monday - Friday and the late day shift hours are 14.00 - 22.00 Monday - Friday. [Includes Shift Premium]
- Milton Keynes - 08.00 – 16.30 Monday – Friday with a flexible approach to overtime from 06.00.
The above role offers a competitive wage rate, Business Performance Bonus, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send a CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.