Hydraulics Design Engineer
Monday 8 April 2019
Based within the New Product Development team, to support the design and development of hydraulic systems for Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Design and draw concept hydraulic schematics for new machines;
- Perform engineering calculations required for designing hydraulic systems;
- Use solid modelling to package hydraulic components and hoses;
- Prepare and release completed hydraulic schematic and hose drawings;
- Undertake drawing changes and implement change control of components;
- Carry out light assembly work and testing activities related to developing hydraulic systems;
- Analyse test results and use data to optimise system design.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in mechanical engineering or HND with relevant experience;
- 5 years’ experience in a previous design role is preferable;
- Understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics;
- Understanding of hydraulic components;
- Knowledge of hoses and fittings;
- Experience in Automation Studio or a similar drafting package;
- Experience in Creo, Windchill would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work individually as well as a team member;
- Must be a good communicator both written and verbally;
- A keen desire to learn new technologies.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.