Electrical Development Technician
Tuesday 13 August 2019
The Electrical Development Technician supports the implementation of the electrical system designs onto Niftylift’s Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Assist in the design of electrical assemblies and looms for new products;
- Assist in the design of the physical layout of individual electrical components, assemblies and looms;
- Produce documentation to support the design of electrical engineering drawings;
- Build electrical assemblies and looms for new products, working from draft schematics or released engineering drawings;
- Install electrical components, assemblies and looms onto machines;
- Support fault diagnostic investigations;
- Support the manufacture of electrical assemblies and looms for machines entering Production;
- Support the update of electrical assembly and loom designs for machines currently in production;
- Oversee the work of an apprentice within the department.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background and:
- An apprenticeship, HNC or HND in an Electrical discipline;
- Experience in a relevant role;
- Experience in following drawings using 2D and 3D CAD packages;
- Experience in realising electrical designs onto a physical machine.
- Methodical and systematic approach;
- Able to work as part of a team or individually;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to work with partial information and minimal supervision;
- Ability to produce efficiently a consistent high quality of work;
- Flexible approach to working hours.
The above role offers a competitive wage, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.