Electrical Design Engineer
Tuesday 26 February 2019
The Electrical Design Engineer designs the electrical systems of Niftylift’s Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Design the physical layout of the machine’s electrical system.
- Design the physical layout of individual electrical components, assemblies, and looms using 2D and 3D CAD packages.
- Design electrical schematics, for both sub-systems and whole machines.
- Generate and be responsible for the processes involved in designing electrical systems.
- Generate drawings for electrical assemblies and looms.
- Generate drawings for electrical components from 3D models.
- Support the manufacturing of prototype electrical assemblies and looms.
- Support the verification of the design of electrical assemblies and looms during fitment to prototype machines.
- Support the updating of electrical designs for machines currently in production.
- Oversee the work of an electrical detailer.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
In addition to a strong engineering background, the ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in a field relevant to electrical design (candidates without a degree will be considered if they can demonstrate extensive and relevant industry experience).
- Experience in using 2D and 3D CAD packages to design electrical systems.
In addition to the above, the following is preferable but not essential:
- Experience in using Creo Parametric.
- Experience in using EPLAN electrical schematic design software.
- Methodical and systematic approach.
- Able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work with partial information and minimal supervision.
- Ability to produce efficiently a consistently high quality of work.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.