Development Test Engineer
Friday 26 July 2019
Reporting directly to the Development Test and Validation Manager, joining a highly focused, passionate team working on exciting and innovative access platform development projects, to deliver new products to the market on a regular basis.
- Leading test and development programmes, fitting instrumentation, running tests and writing reports to support new product introduction and sign-off;
- Creation of development test procedures and customer acceptance standards;
- Carrying out machine testing, on- and off-site where appropriate. This may include specific test facilities or real-world applications;
- Compilation of test plans, records, analysis and reports;
- Problem analysis and the proposal of design solutions;
- Design, commissioning and operation of test rigs;
- Fitting, calibration and operation of instrumentation as required;
- Supervision and mentoring of junior colleagues;
- Liaison with internal/external customers/departments, as required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Engineering Degree or HNC/HND/Apprenticed trained if combined with sufficient levels of experience;
- Familiar with the capabilities and practical installation of typical instrumentation i.e. K-Type thermocouples, pressure sensors and data loggers;
- Familiar with ‘Microsoft’ packages and be computer literate;
- Ideally familiar with PLM (Product lifecycle management) software – Windchill packages;
- Background knowledge of ‘Off-Highway’ machinery and Hybrid systems preferably within the Access industry;
- Basic understanding of Hydraulics/Electronics/Engineering drawings.
- Motivated and Enthusiastic, with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team;
- Able to work to dedicated timescales, plan own time accordingly and course correct when there are delays or problems arise;
- Able to work collaboratively and at times delegate to junior members of the team to ensure key timescales are met;
- Have the ability to analyse data and accurately and clearly report findings;
- Flexible approach to working hours;
- Open to requirements to travel;
- Good attention to detail.
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.