Development Engineer – Control Systems
Tuesday 22 January 2019
Based within the Advanced Engineering Team, support the development of control systems for operating Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Develop control system to operate the power train and the hydraulic system of new access machines.
- The configuration of the control system hardware for prototype development [controller selection programming and wiring loom development].
- Perform engineering calculations required for designing hydraulic and control systems.
- Support high-level engineering investigations on existing products with software and control system modifications.
- Carry out light assembly work and testing activities related to developing systems.
- Analyse test results and use data to optimise hydraulic and control system design.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & experience
- A degree in electronic or electrical engineering, a degree in mechanical engineering but control system background, HND with relevant experience
- 2 years’ experience in a previous development role is preferable.
- Understanding of machine control systems and schematics.
- Understanding of hydraulic control systems and schematics.
- Knowledge of engines, electric motors.
- Experience in control system development, requirements specifications, system architecture development and software development and coding.
- Experience in Codesys or similar application software programming.
Must be able to work individually as well as a team member;
Must be a good communicator both written and verbally;
A keen desire to learn new technologies;
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.